U3 Advisors is hiring in San Diego County, California
U3 Advisors, a nationally recognized consulting practice based in Philadelphia that provides real estate and economic development solutions for anchor institutions such as colleges, universities, and medical centers, is working with the City of Chula Vista, California on the development of a 375-acre University and Innovation District in the city. The proposed site is adjacent to Otay Ranch South, a dense urban planned community of up to 4,000 units.
U3 Advisors has been engaged to manage the exploration of potential higher educational partners as well as the creation and management of Chula Vista University Partnership Inc. (CVUP) – a new non-profit entity that will be responsible for:
- Facilitating development of the University Campus and ensuring implementation of its development goals.
- Engaging civic leaders and higher education thought leaders around the idea for a new university and innovation district in Chula Vista.
- Preparing a comprehensive plan for founding or attracting an institution of higher education.
- Exploring and recruiting potential partner institutions including public, private, and foreign institutions.
- Identifying public and philanthropic capital to help support the development of the university.
U3 Advisors seeks a Senior Associate to be based in San Diego County to support this effort.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The selected candidate will work with the U3 Advisors team as a local project manager to support the exploration, recruitment, and development of the new university and innovation district including working with the U3 team on the following:
- Develop a 3-year budget for CVUP and assist in the creation of the entity.
- Develop recruitment strategies and marketing material for the University and Innovation District
- Identify, engage, explore and assess potential institutional partners and develop an institutional exploration report and recommendations.
- Identify and assess potential funding partners (including public, private, and philanthropic partners).
- Identify, assess, and develop recommendations for members to join the CVUP board.
The selected candidate will serve as the local representative to the project for U3 Advisors and will coordinate with the project team based in Philadelphia and during regular U3 team visits to Chula Vista. Upon the creation of CVUP, it is expected the candidate will transition into a leadership role with that organization.
Qualifications and Relevant Experience:
- 7-10 years experience in community development, economic development, real estate development, urban planning, or other relevant fields.
- Deep knowledge of San Diego County, Southern California, and Tijuana, Mexico.
- Strong understanding of the higher education landscape of San Diego County, Southern California.
- Understanding of higher education trends, policies and practices in Southern California as well as the United States, and Mexico.
- Experience working with or managing Non-profit organizations.
- Entrepreneurial experience or experience with start-up companies.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong command of the Spanish language preferred.
- Project and organizational management experience including developing budgets, fundraising, and project implementation.
Expected Start Date: August 1, 2015
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and CV to: