U3 Advisors (U3) is a nationally-recognized consulting practice that helps institutions – including colleges, universities, hospitals, and community nonprofits – take action to realize their goals for economic, physical, and cultural development in their communities. From urban districts and college campuses to infill lots and public spaces, U3 excels at finding unexpected strategies that foster enterprise, inspire innovation, and encourage inclusivity. Our diverse staff includes multi-disciplinary practitioners in urban planning, real estate development, geospatial analysis, data analytics, higher education administration, economics, architecture, and nonprofit leadership.
With offices in Philadelphia, New York, and Boston, the U3 Advisors team serves as real estate development managers, advisors, and strategists to a diverse range of mission-driven clients, including universities and colleges, medical centers, and non-profit organizations, foundations, and local governments across the United States. Current clients include the University of Pittsburgh, University of Maryland, Tulane University, Memphis Medical District Collaborative, and many others. For more information about our services and clients, please visit u3advisors.com.
The intern will work directly with project managers across all offices on a variety of exciting projects. The intern is responsible for conducting research, creating presentations, and providing other support for a select number of projects, as well as participating in client meetings and conference calls, as needed. The internship will be 40 hours per week starting May 2022 through August 2022 and is expected to be conducted mainly in person with some flexibility to work remotely as needed. The start and end dates are flexible and can be discussed with the selected candidate.
Overall, we are seeking candidates whose backgrounds will bring a diverse perspective and are a “cultural fit” for U3 – meaning their values and learning goals align with U3’s mission and internal needs. While a degree in a relevant field will not be required, the intern should have a stated interest within the scope of U3’s work. There will be a focus on their competencies and skill-based training.
The intern will be matched with 1-2 mentors. The mentors will work with you to develop intentional learning objectives and ensure that you are exposed to tasks and projects that encompass the breadth of U3’s work and complement your interests.
The internship may include the following responsibilities:
- Research case studies, institutional and community contexts, real estate market data, census data and demographic trends, and best practices for urban real estate and economic development.
- Synthesize research findings for use in meetings, presentations, and reports.
- Create PowerPoint slides and charts for client deliverables.
- Assist in drafting reports and written memos detailing the research.
- Support preparation of real estate development scenarios, financial valuations, and other basic real estate financial modeling assignments.
- Coordinate and schedule project meetings/calls take notes and prepare minutes and follow up on assignments.
- Support the Philadelphia office with internal research and operations support.
- Strong interest in urban development, urban planning, real estate, higher education, local government, or other related fields.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to complete tasks with minimal oversight.
- Fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS is not required but preferred.
- Experience developing and working within financial proformas is not required but preferred.
- Interest and ability to locate in Philadelphia.
- Desire to be part of a fun, hard-working, urban-loving team!
- Pay is $20.00 per hour.
Please complete the application form by Friday, March 31st, 2023.