Paid Graduate Internship
U3 Advisors is nationally recognized consulting practice with offices in New York, Philadelphia, and Boston that provides real estate and economic development solutions to the institutions that anchor our communities. We are proud to serve as development managers, advisors, and strategists to a wide and diverse range of mission-driven clients, including universities and colleges, medical centers, non- profit organizations, foundations, local governments, and developers and businesses pursuing public- private partnerships. Current clients include Cornell, Columbia, and Harvard Universities, Lafayette College, the Memphis Medical District Collaborative, and many others. For more information about the firm’s services and clients, please visit u3advisors.com.
You will work directly with Associates and Vice Presidents in the Philadelphia office on a variety of exciting projects. The intern is responsible for providing research, financial analysis, and support services for a select number of projects, as well as participating in client meetings and conference calls, as needed. The intern will support a number of projects, as well as participating in client meetings and conference calls, as needed. The internship will be anywhere from 30 – 40 hours per week starting in May 2020.
The job may include the following responsibilities:
- Research case studies, market and real estate data, census data and demographic trends, and best practices for urban real estate and economic development.
- Prepare pro formas, valuations, occupancy cost analyses, and other basic real estate financial modeling assignments.
- Synthesize and analyze research data for use in client meetings and deliverables.
- Create PowerPoint slides, charts, and infographics for client deliverables.
- Assist in drafting reports and written memos detailing research.
- Support the Philadelphia office with internal research and operations support
- Currently enrolled in graduate program, ideally in real estate or urban planning.
- Some work experience preferred, ideally in real estate, planning, or related fields.
- Strong graphic and layout skills with experience in Adobe InDesign and Illustrator or other graphics platforms.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to complete tasks with minimal oversight sometimes working remotely.
- Fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS or app development is not required, but preferred.
- Desire to be part of a fun, hard-working, urban loving team!
Pay is $20.00 per hour.
Please email a resume, cover letter, and graphic sample/portfolio to Maurie Smith at email@example.com by Monday, March 30th, 2020. Please enter “Summer Internship – Philadelphia” in the subject line of your e-mail.
- Philadelphia Office
- Adobe Suite Programs
- Communication + Presentation
- GIS/Geospatial Analytics
- Market Research