Paid Graduate Internship
U3 Advisors is nationally recognized consulting practice with offices in New York, Philadelphia, and Boston that provides real estate and economic development solutions to the institutions that anchor our communities. We are proud to serve as development managers, advisors, and strategists to a wide and diverse range of mission-driven clients, including universities and colleges, medical centers, non- profit organizations, foundations, local governments, and developers and businesses pursuing public- private partnerships. Current clients include Cornell, Columbia, and Harvard Universities, Lafayette College, the Memphis Medical District Collaborative, and many others. For more information about the firm’s services and clients, please visit u3advisors.com.
The Intern will work directly with project managers of the firm on a variety of projects. The Intern is responsible for providing research, financial analysis, and support services for a select number of projects, as well as participating in client meetings and conference calls, as needed. The internship schedule will be two days per week, the specific days being flexible, and based in the New York office. The internship will begin in May and continue through August 2020.
The Intern will perform the following services, as necessary:
- Research market data and comps, information about developers and development projects,
financing and subsidy programs, and other real estate information.
- Prepare pro formas, valuations, occupancy cost analyses, and other basic real estate financial modeling assignments.
- Create PowerPoint presentations, charts, and other visual presentation materials for clients.
- Assist in a variety of writing tasks including drafting memoranda, Requests for Proposals (RFPs), and responses to RFPs (on behalf of clients).
- Participate in client meetings and conference calls, as needed, and work with project teams to develop strategy, analysis, and recommendations
- Coordinate and schedule project meetings/calls, take notes and prepare minutes, and follow up on assignments.
- Undergraduate degree and currently enrolled in graduate studies, ideally in real estate or urban planning.
- Some work experience preferred, ideally in real estate, planning, government, or related fields.
- Strong interest in real estate development, particularly not-for-profit and public sector development.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Basic understanding of real estate finance concepts.
- Fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Some graphic and layout skills with experience in Adobe InDesign and Illustrator or other
graphics platforms preferred, but not required.
- Desire to be part of a fun, hard-working, urban loving team!
Pay is $25.00 per hour.
Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please enter “Summer Internship – New York” in the subject line of your e-mail.
- New York Office
- Adobe Suite Programs
- Communication + Presentation
- Market Research